As an alternative to the default Grid View for assigning and dispatching loads, a calendar view is available in Carrier Operations → Loads → Dispatch → Calendar. This calendar will show each asset assignment's or driver's schedule and assigned loads.
The Calendar view can be set to view by Asset/Equipment Assignment or by Driver. Select the desired view from the dropdown on the top left of the screen.
The Calendar filters can be adjusted to show the year, month, week, day or time. The default view is a weekly view. To adjust the time, click the desired option on the bar.
This will adjust the calendar view accordingly.
The driver’s schedule can also be viewed on the calendar if that information is available. This is for employee drivers only.
A number of filter and action options are available at the top of the page:
- Asset toggles - show or hide unassigned trailers; show or hide individual assigned assets
- Filter by asset types, asset assignment status, ops team or business unit
- Schedule toggles - show or hide delivered loads; show or hide deadhead loads; show or hide completed time off
- Calendar view options - the Calendar filters can be adjusted to show the year, month, week, day or time. The default view is a weekly view.
- Create Load - option to create a new revenue or non-revenue load; new load entry form will open
- Assign Assets - opens the Asset Assignment modal to create a new assignment with truck, trailer and driver
To assign loads to an Asset Assignment, click Assign Loads next to the Asset Assignment. This option is only available with the Asset/Equipment Assignment view and is not available with the Driver view.
A list of available and active loads will be displayed. Select the load to assign and click the Assign button. The load will be assigned to the Asset Assignment.
To dispatch the load to the driver, navigate back to the Grid View and click on the to initiate the dispatch process.