Integrating with QuickBooks requires a number of technical setups along with a few configuration elements in the EKA Omni TMS.
QuickBooks Desktop Version
QuickBooks Web Connector
Web Connector setup file provided by EKA Solutions
EKA Omni TMS Configurations:
QuickBooks account numbers entered
To get started, the EKA Omni TMS Configurations will need to be completed. The date of entry of the configurations is set as the start date for the data pull meaning that transactions processed AFTER that date and time will flow into QuickBooks. Transactions created PRIOR to that date will need to be completed outside of the automated process.
Once the configurations are complete, the QuickBooks Web Connector setup process will need to be completed.
- Download and install the web connector (if this has not been done already)
- Start the web connector, click “Add an Application” and choose the QWC file that EKA Solutions provides
- The web connector will ask for permission to “Authorize New Web Service” - click OK to continue
- The web connector will prompt for an “Application Certificate.” Select “Run When the Company is Open” and the user to be logged in.
NOTE: If the logged in user does not have permission to modify an object, the EKA processor will not be able to update it in QuickBooks. Example: Kelly does not have permission to modify invoices in QuickBooks but Kelly can modify invoices in EKA - Any change to invoices in EKA will NOT get pushed over to QuickBooks.
- The app will now be populated in the web connector. Set the password to “password”. Select the app and click “Update Selected.” The web connector will now run on the schedule noted in the app syncing data between QuickBooks and the EKA Omni TMS.
Data will now sync without any further intervention.
To see instructions for QuickBooks Account Numbers click here.
To view an overview of the QuickBooks product click here.
To get started with a QuickBooks integration, contact Customer Success team at email@example.com.